Happy Saturday. I had an opportunity to row around the canals in Crystal River in a dinghy today. Problem was I experienced a great deal of fear stepping into a small dinghy from a floating dock. Wish I could tell you why but I’m at a loss why there was fear experienced. This gave me an idea about what to talk about today with my Feng Shui Blog. FEAR. There are lots of ways to address fears using Feng Shui principals. I have decided to talk about the middle of the Bagua. If you need to look at the Bagua you will find one you can copy from my FengShuiSolutions.org web site. This area of the Bagua is referred to as the #5, Health and Clarity. This area of the Bagua is associated with the Earth Element. Meaning browns, dark oranges, squares and pictures depicting desert scenes are good to use in this area to increase your stability and sense of security. Establishing security is only one step. It is important to understand why you feel insecurity but this requires a great deal more reflection and more then I can address in my daily blog.
To Yvonne About Islam…
I’m not the least bit ignorant, Yvonne. I know what Islam teaches. And in your counter-argument, you verified beautifully exactly what I pointed out…submission is the path to achieve Islam’s version of religious success. It doesn’t matter that they tack on promises that say submission will get you to Oneness. It’s still submission, and it’s a very effective way of controlling the spiritually immature.
Christianity does the same thing using guilt. All sorts of promises are made to you if you will just purge yourself of guilt, the result being that you end up focusing on your imaginary guilt – all of which is defined by men. Some people go so far as to flog themselves or continuously punish themselves instead of focusing on the joyousness and freedom of becoming who you really are – warts and all! You are a unique individual for a reason.
Buddhism does the…
View original post 422 more words
Feng Shui Ideas for the Small Business Entrepreneurs
– Marjorie Hilliard, Feng Shui Master
With today’s economy starting or operating your own business must certainly be a challenge. I owned my dream Gift Shop when we experienced the tragedy of 9/11. My shop was set up using Feng Shui principles and was quite successful in under two years. My customers frequently commented on how the shop ‘felt’ and confessed they would come in just to be in the energy. It was the day after 9/11 and I was in the back storage room when an elderly man cleared his throat to let me know he was standing in the door way so as not to frighten me. When I asked him what I could do for him he simply said, “I needed to be in this energy. How do you do it?” Throughout the weeks that followed many customers would come in for the same reason. As a gift shop owner this was not only good for business but also made me feel like I was somehow contributing to the wellbeing of my customers.
You can use Feng Shui in your business to create the type of atmosphere you desire for your employees and customers. If the energy flow around your employees is balanced and can move freely you are far more likely to have productive and happy employees. I find that businesses I have consulted with that have blocked doors and clutter that interrupts the flow of energy (chi) attracts the same type of individuals. Because the energy is tense and blocked the employees get frustrated more easily, are less productive and in many cases don’t work well together.
You can apply the same reasoning to your customers. If your business is uncomfortable to enter or stay in your customers are likely to feel the same way. How many times have you gone into a store that is so over stocked or cluttered you feel like you have to maneuver carefully around the store so as to avoid knocking something over or miss finding the item you went into the store to buy. More is not better in Feng Shui. The rule is: allow the energy to flow freely.
Stores with inventory:
Make sure to arrange your merchandise so it makes sense energetically. Think about your home furnishings. For example, do you mix kitchen items with garage stuff, or clothing with bathroom accessories? Go to my webpage, www.fengshuisolutions.org and download a copy of the Bagua. Use the Bagua as a road map. By using the Bagua you will see it is not a good idea to put sharp tools, water features, refrigerators etc. in the back left corner known as the Prosperity Gua. Instead, this is an excellent area to display floral print furniture, red/white and blue flags, pictures of people or animals, packets of seeds, red scarfs etc. These are all fire or wood elements which support this area of the Bagua.
Make sure the entrance into your store is free of clutter, easy to enter, welcoming and above all does not make the customer feel uncomfortable. Make sure the flow of energy moves freely. I always think of the flow of chi like the flow of a stream. Picture how a stream flows and how the rocks and tree limbs cause the flow to be re-directed. Or how the piling up of fall leaves can even stop the flow. You should use this same thought process when accessing how the energy is flowing throughout your store.
Whether customers visit your office or not does make any difference in how you want the energy (chi) to flow. As I talked about earlier, your employees now become your ‘customers’. Your employees are the ones performing services that you benefit from. Really no different from customers buying your goods benefiting you. Some things you should consider:
- Make sure your personal office is arranged in the ‘power’ position. What this means is you want to be able to see who is entering your office without having to turn around. Energetically, to be in charge, you need to be able to ‘see’ what is coming. No surprises. If possible, have your desk situated so you are sitting facing the door.
- I find employees who use cubicles can perform better if they do not feel vulnerable. This means, they to need to be in the power position. When using cubicles this can be a challenge. Although I don’t like to recommend mirrors too often, in this case a small reflective picture frame (glass) or mirror placed in front of the employee would allow them the ability to look into the mirror to see what is happening behind them. They will feel safer and therefore hopefully more productive.
- Avoid putting the break room in the Prosperity corner or Illumination area of the Bagua. The best place to put the break room is in the family/health area. And never place the refrigerator/freezer in the Prosperity corner of any room. If you do not have any other option then at least place pictures or statements that represent how the Prosperity of your business looks and feels to you in the same area of the refrigerator. Refrigerators are electrical which is a fire element but they are mostly associated with metal. Fire and metal are not good companions. The Prosperity area of the Bagua is most associated with the Fire Element which represents excitement. Do not use a black refrigerator in this area. Black is water so a black refrigerator represents lots of metal AND water. Not a good combination for this area of the Bagua either.
Keep in mind, the items you choose and the placement select is NOT CAUSING your challenges. They ONLY represent them. With this understanding then consider the recommendations I have provided in this article and know that following any of my recommendations requires you to feel comfortable using them. If you are not comfortable with the selection or placement of something (pictures, furniture etc.) you will eventually rearrange the furniture back to something you feel better with until the cause of whatever challenge you are dealing with is addressed.
Advanced Feng Shui Certification Course starts Saturday, October 3, 2015 *prerequisite required
Feng Shui Certification Course starts Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Feng Shui Certification Course starts Sunday, October 25, 2015
How to use Feng Shui to have a more successful job hunting experience.
June 28, 2015
It is worth exploring?
Marjorie says yes…..
Feng Shui is about how the flow of energy around you affects your enthusiasm and creativity. And surprisingly, even what kind of first impression you can present to new career opportunities.
Here’s how you can benefit by using these Feng Shui tips.
- When looking or preparing to enter into a new career opportunity, I recommend taking a good hard look at the area that relates to your ability to learn new information. Equally as important is how you apply the wisdom you already possess. On the Bagua this is shown as the Wisdom/Knowledge area.
This area of the Bagua is generally located immediately to your left as you walk into a room. You can also sit down at your desk and look to your left. This will be the Wisdom/Knowledge area of your desk. So what do you have in this area? Is it cluttered or inaccessible, loaded with old out of date documents or is it empty?
Before embarking on the task of securing a new career, you want to make sure you are properly prepared. You wouldn’t walk into a job interview without first updating your resume and considering what to wear. Equally important is knowing how you want to present yourself and having a clear idea of the outcome you are seeking.
And it is just as important to make sure you prepare the energy around and within you as well. This is the energy you will naturally show and radiate as part of who you are. Think of it this way, when being promoted to a new position, it is natural to take on the energetic persona that the new position holds. So to move forward, you should leave behind the old energy of the position you were just promoted from.
Therefore, as you look for a new job and career, you should leave the energy of the previous position behind and be prepared to bring forth the new persona that matches the position you are seeking.
This can be done in a number of different ways:
- Release any uniforms or required clothing from the previous job
- Release old material that is not necessary to retain
- Organize your Wisdom/Knowledge area of the Bagua especially on your desk, in your office and the main area of your home.
- Place information about the new career/job you are seeking in the Wisdom/Knowledge area of your office and home. You only need to do this in one or two places, no more, as it could prove to be too much.
2. Next, take a look at the Career area of the Bagua of your home and office. The Career area of the Bagua is located by determining the true front door into your home. Stand outside looking at the front entrance into your home. The Career area of the Bagua will be located in the middle of the entire span of the front of your home. So if your front door is located in the centre, then you can consider your front door as the entry way into your career. The same logic applies to entry into your office or rooms of your home. Stand in the doorway looking into the room. Picture a 9 square grid of the room to determine the Career area. Take a look at to the picture of the Bagua.
- Make sure the door can fully open and that there is nothing stacked behind the door.
- This is a good area to have flow, so a water element works nicely in this area. If possible use a dark blue door mat, or one with wavy lines. Or you can hang a picture of a stream flowing into your room. Avoid wild, raging water scenes, you don’t want the energy of your career to resemble something that is out of control or precarious. Of course, this depends entirely on the type of career you want!
- The Career area of the Bagua should be welcoming, have an easy flow and hold the kind of energy you want represented in your career/job
3. The next area of the Bagua you should consider is Inspiration/Messaging. This area is all about your ability to be heard, to get your message out and to define who you are. For a business, this is the area that deals with advertising. For an individual, it is their personal statement about themselves, what they want people to know and understand about them. It’s about being inspirational. When taking on the task of searching for a new job or career, or just wanting a promotion with your company, this area of the Bagua can be especially important.
Consider what you want to have noticed about your accomplishments, your unique skills and experiences. Take a look at this area of the Bagua in your home or office. Look at everything located in this area and allow yourself to get a good sense of what message you are currently putting out to the world.
I like to refer to this area as the ‘smoke signal’. This is the energetic message that is all around you as well as the message being sent out to the world stating that this is who you are.
If you look at the Bagua you will see this area is located in the middle at the top. Standing in the doorway looking into your office the Inspiration/Messaging area will be in the middle area of the back wall.
Typically this is where I find blank walls or windows. The blank walls can indicate there is no clear message or purpose. A window can actually be a good thing. It indicates there is an open and clear opportunity to get your message out. But you need to have a message available.
When someone has a window in this area of the Bagua I suggest placing pictures or statements near the window that reflect what you want people to know about you or your business. I would avoid using pictures of flowing water and especially pictures of waterfalls. Unlike the benefit of having water flowing through your career, this area of the Bagua is best suited for fire elements.
Remember, ‘smoke signal’ area. You need fire to create smoke so your message can be seen far away. But you don’t want a huge fire, just something that is capable of having a bit of smoke. Too hot a fire usually does not create much smoke and can’ burn up’ your message. Use this image to help guide you in selecting the perfect pictures and statements that will best reflect your messaging about yourself and your business.
These are just a few suggestions how Feng Shui principals can help you in your desire to find a new job, career or obtain the promotion you are seeking. They are very general suggestions as Feng Shui is far more insightful and does not possess a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach. I hope you find these suggestions helpful.
Remember you can reach me by visiting my web site at www.FengShuiSolutions.org or facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Myfengshuisolutions.
Marjorie Hilliard, RN, Feng Shui Master successfully completed a 4 year Graduate Course at The Power Feng Shui Academy of Santa Fe and is the owner of Feng Shui Solutions. Marjorie has over 12 years experience working with individuals, small and large businesses, interior designers and charitable community organizations providing expert guidance on the appropriate application of Feng Shui principals as they apply to individual needs of her clients. Marjorie offers comprehensive Feng Shui instruction and community presentations in the Atlanta area.
Marjorie is currently running classes to teach the basics of Feng Shui. By applying these proven methods, they can help bring about positive change in all aspects of your life.
Dates of the upcoming classes:
July 12, 2105 – Feng Shui Certification Course beginning on Sunday, July 12, 2015 (class is 1 day a month for 6 months)
October 6, 2015 – Feng Shui Certification Course beginning on Sunday, October 6, 2015 (class is 1 day a month for 6 months)
October 3, 2015 – ADVANCED Feng Shui Certification Course – this class is open to students who have successfully completed the Feng Shui Certification Course ONLY.
Click here for more information about these classes.
Feng Shui for Financial Prosperity
Have you ever thought about getting a “financial fresh start?”
While it may not be possible to start from scratch, there are some things you can do to add some health to your wealth, and Feng Shui is involved.
Contrary to a popular thought about Feng Shui, the items or placement of furniture has no influence on your prosperity. It is the selection and placement of those items and furniture that reflect your current financial situation. If I were to look at the prosperity section of the Bagua for my client, and saw a garbage can and a broken clock sitting on a painted dark blue wood side table it would be painfully obvious this client is likely experiencing financial challenges. Let me break this down, so you can understand what each of the items mentioned could mean.
The garbage can may be saying “my financial prosperity is in the trash”
The broken clock indicates “my financial prosperity isn’t working”
The painted dark blue wood table represents the wood element which supports the fire element associated with the prosperity area of the Bagua. However, because the table is painted a dark blue and the color dark blue is considered a water element, the fire has difficulty staying ignited therefore indicating even if there was good prosperity, for this client, it is likely they have challenges keeping the prosperity going.
The items, above, are not causing the lack of prosperity, they REFLECT it. So, what can you do to improve your prosperity?
Here are a few suggestions.
1. The drains, in your kitchen sink, bathroom sinks, bathtub, shower and commodes are areas where the chi (energy) can ‘drain’ out of your home. It is a good idea to keep the lids of the commodes down and the drains closed.
2. In Western Feng Shui we don’t use the four directions for orientation or placement of objects. Instead, we use the Bagua in its’ purest form. The nine squares. Orientation of the Bagua is essential and more than I can talk about in a brief article such as this. However, I can give you some help in finding the Prosperity corner of your home. Look at the picture of the Bagua. You will see that the Prosperity corner is in the upper left corner of the square. Now go stand at the true front door of your home. As you are standing on the threshold, looking into your home, the furthest left corner in the back of your home should be the Prosperity corner. Remember, this is a gross generalization for the location of the Prosperity corner as many other factors come into play. However, it will at least give you a general idea where to look. Things to consider;
Is this room(s) functional?
Is the room(s) organized and well cared for?
Consider the answer(s) to the previous questions. Anything you don’t like, FIX IT!
The prosperity corner is a great place to have inspirational pictures, a few fire elements such as the colors red or purple, lamps that work, pictures of people or animals. Avoid pictures of water, water fountains, lots of dark blues or black colored furniture or objects. Fire is made by burning wood and this area of the Bagua is most associated with the Fire element. So, add some Wood by using wood furniture, dark green or floral fabrics, and pictures of flowers or actual flowers. I highly recommend a healthy plant or cut flowers. You don’t want to use a plant or flowers that requires lots of care or maintenance. The reason is you don’t want your financial prosperity to require lots of care or maintenance so don’t put that energy out there.
Don’t overdo. More is not better. Just like nature, you want things to be balanced. Not too much of one element, and not enough of another. Think of what happens when we have heavy downpours; the excess water erodes the dirt (earth element). Let this be your guideline as you explore how you can get a “financial fresh start”.Marjorie covers all aspects of Feng Shui in her classes, which have been a huge success. Her next two classes being offered at the Conscious Living Center in Canton, GA start:
Tuesday, June 30 and the other starts Sunday, July 12, so reserve your spot now by calling the Conscious Living Center at 770-851-4225 or by visiting their web site at www.siconsciousliving.com.
About Marjorie Hilliard:
Marjorie Hilliard, RN
Feng Shui Master
Completed 4 year Graduate Program at The Power Feng Shui Academy of Santa Fe
Bachelors in Business Administration
Founder of the 5th Dimensional Healing© method of energy healing
Owner of Feng Shui Solutions www.FengShuiSolutions.org
Also please visit www.barefootteachings.org
Marjorie Offers Tips for Spring Cleaning
Spring is a time of renewal. It is a time when all the dormant ideas and desires planted in the winter now ‘spring’ to life.
Like anything, a room must be prepared for the new ideas and desires to be ‘planted’ and nurtured. Spring is the perfect time to make that room by releasing those old clothes you haven’t worn in over 24 months, the chairs piled high with boxes that serve another purpose other than why they were built.
Spring is a time to open all your doors and windows to allow the fresh, new, rejuvenating spring air into your home. But none of this can be accomplished if you hold on to ‘old’ ideas with the thought that ‘one day I will do something with that item’.
Because you won’t.
If you haven’t worn the shirt hanging in your closet for over 24 months it isn’t likely you are going to ever again. All the items we have in our home, car, garage, office and yard represent something beyond the obvious. For example, an old dress, hanging in your closet, now two sizes too small just isn’t an old dress, it also can represent your need to hang onto old ideas and desires. However, releasing the dress can represent your intention to bring new ideas and desires into your life. By releasing the dress you have now made room for that to occur.
A word of caution to all you over doers out there….spring cleaning can be a massive move of energy. I recommend you strategize and move as slowly as you can.
For example, pick a room to focus on and when finished take a break for a couple of days before starting your next project. Approach spring cleaning much like you would getting ready to paint a wall. First you have to prepare the wall; dust off the cob webs, fill in the nail holes, tape around the door and window frames etc. All this has to be done before you paint on the new color. Spring cleaning should be approached much the same way. Take your time and think about what you are clearing or preparing to change in your life. What are you letting go? Don’t be afraid to reflect on how you felt when you finally released something you had been holding onto. Must people say they feel a sense of relief, a weight has been lifted and in many cases a sense of more clarity in their thoughts. Here are a few guidelines I can offer for spring cleaning:
2. If you begin to feel tired or overwhelmed – STOP – take a break. Go out to lunch, enjoy sitting outside amongst the trees, take a nap or simply give yourself permission to take a couple of days off.
3. Stay focused on what it is you want to accomplish. What are you releasing and why are you releasing it? Keep your new ideas and desires in mind as you make room for them.
Also, spring cleaning is not a legal requirement so don’t treat it like it is. You can choose how, when, what and the timing you desire when approaching your spring cleaning task. Take time to consider why you have chosen to spring clean and what you have chosen to release, replace or repair. Spring cleaning is a wonderful time to take charge of your new ideas and desires and actively participate in making them grow. Remember, you can’t plant a new garden if you don’t remove the old plants and weeds first.
Remember, Marjorie has a Feng Shui Certification Course beginning Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Feng Shui is an ancient art, originating in China over 3000 years ago, based on the balance of nature and how we individually attempt to create that same balance within our own lives. Everything we surround ourselves with physically, such as the clothing we choose to wear, the furniture design and placement in our homes and offices, the colors, pictures, knick knacks etc. all represent what is within ourselves.
About Marjorie Hilliard:
Marjorie Hilliard, RN
Feng Shui Master
Completed 4 year Graduate Program at The Power Feng Shui Academy of Santa Fe
Bachelors in Business Administration
Founder of the 5th Dimensional Healing© method of energy healing
Owner of Feng Shui Solutions http://www.FengShuiSolutions.org
Also please visit http://www.barefootteachings.org
Feng Shui Tips for Selling Your Home
Spring is in full swing, with new beginnings,upward growth and development, Feng Shui can impact the sale of our homes. If you have been contemplating putting your home on the market, spring is an auspicious time since many buyers are naturally drawn outside to look for homes in warmer weather. Ignoring the energetics of home while selling or buying, however, can complicate a transaction that is already stressful.
Feng Shui can be of enormous help to gain insight when preparing your home to go on the market. Choose symbolic versus sterile staging, or use Feng Shui principals to understand what to avoid or what to seek out when buying a new home.
It’s amazing how I’ve seen Feng Shui impact the successful sale of a home.
Here are two examples:
1. I was called in by the owner of a home, in Atlanta, who’s home had been on the market well past the expected sale date. The home was completely empty. As I walked through the home I found the chi to be stagnant but also very heavy, especially in the kitchen. The owners had most of their fights in the kitchen and some of that energy had remained. A clearing of old chi is always an excellent idea before placing your home on the market. Also, keep in mind, when a home is left empty the chi has no direction and basically stops flowing and settles. What I did in this consult was clear the chi and add fresh flowers before showings to bring in new life and lift the energy. The home sold within a couple of weeks.
2. I was consulted to look at a home in Greensboro, NC. This home was also vacant. In order to lift the chi of the home, I recommended bringing in some color. In this case, the previous owners had moved out of state so I used artificial flowers instead of real flowers. You should never use ‘dried’ flowers as their energy represents something that has died. I placed flowers in the ‘Helpful People’ area of the Bagua to bring in a better flow of potential buyers, added some flowers on the stair case that faced the front door. Stair cases are considered waterfalls because the chi rushes down the stair case. The flowers, being a wood element, help to soak up some of the chi thereby slowing the amount and impact of rushing chi toward the front door. By reducing the impact of rushing chi buyers were more comfortable entering the home. This home had a contract signed that week.
Some quick tidbits to consider:
– Be aware of poor Feng Shui that can cause stagnant energies or Chi, and utilize fixes that can help smooth the selling process.
– Pay attention to outdoor landscaping, lighting and color to enhance curb appeal. It takes a nanosecond to make a good first impression. A note about using the color red at the entrance to your property or home. Red could actually push someone away – red is considered fire. The entrance onto your property, the driveway, is equally as important as the entrance into your home. Make sure it is free of obstacles, including hanging branches or bushes that crowd the flow of chi. You don’t want the prospective buyers to feel like they have to push their way in.
– Fix or mend broken objects. Broken objects represent things that are “broken” or “not cared for” in your life. When preparing to sell your home it is important to nurture your home as much as possible so the chi is new and vibrant.
– Arrange furniture for easy conversations and away from natural walkways.
– Tidy, clean and flank the entrance with plants, water elements and a wind chime. Make sure the foyer includes a “wow” factor, the master bedroom is cozy and romantic, and the kitchen is spotless and tidy.
5th Dimensional Healing
by Marjorie Hilliard, 5th Dimensional Healing© Practitioner
As we move closer and more completely into the 5th Dimension our healing needs take a somewhat different direction.
The physical body, although important as our mode of transportation while on the Earth plane, will start to take the proverbial ‘back seat’ to the emergence and nurturing of our inherent Spiritual abilities.
As we continue to move into the 5th Dimension vibration latent abilities will start to emerge. You will experience your intuitive skills becoming stronger and clearer. Your natural clairvoyant, clairaudient or sentient skills will be more apparent and the haze of the 3rd and 4th Dimensional vibrations will begin to lift.
As your abilities emerge or strengthen so does your drive for greater Spiritual awareness. This is were 5th Dimensional Healing can be a wonderful asset.
5th Dimensional Healing focuses primarily on the Emotional Body as it is the Emotional Body that works with the Spiritual Body to achieve Awakening leading to full Enlightenment. The Emotional Body can develop road blocks, that impede your desired progression toward Spiritual Enlightenment, due to old wounds or attachments created while in the lower vibrations of the 3rd and 4th Dimensions. These ‘road blocks’s are better known as Imprints, Energetic Cords, Loss of Soul Fragments and Attachments.
Throughout your life you have experiences that can potentially leave an Imprint on your Emotional Body. An Imprint can be expressed as anxiety, phobias, fears, depression and a host of other emotional expressions all of which create obstacles you must maneuver around in order to continue on your path to Spiritual Enlightenment.
Energetic Cords are just that. They are an energetic link between you and usually another individual. Sometimes the cord can be attached to an event. The link can then serve as an anchor or as a path way for loss of energy leaving you feeling drained, confused or experience difficulty focusing.
The third aspect of 5th Dimensional Healing pertains to Soul Retrieval. Sometimes, when working with an individual I discover the reason for their confusion, fear, lack of clarity or a host of other issues is actually related to the loss of a Soul Fragment. When you experience a traumatic event it is possible that a small part of ‘you’, known as a Soul Fragment, stays attached to the event. This can happen at birth, childhood or in your adult years. In 5th Dimensional Healing, the Soul Fragment is located and rejoined with the rest of the soul that moved on. This is a very important concept to understand because if you are not ‘whole’ it is difficult to utilize all of your skills and abilities to their fullest. You can see examples of this concept in individuals who feel like they are ‘stuck’ or have the feeling something is missing or just ‘not right’..
The forth aspect of 5th Dimensional Healing deals with Attachment Removal. Unlike Energetic Cords where an attachment is created between two individuals, an Attachment is the actual joining of one energy to another. Some examples of Attachments would be Deceased Loved Ones, Thought Bodies, Elementals or Nature Spirits. When an individual has an Attachment they usually ‘take on’ some trait of the attachment. Examples of this would be unusual feelings of anger, depression that has no known origin, feelings of fear or dread with no known cause.
Any one or combination of these four aspects can impact your ability to smoothly follow your path toward Spiritual Enlightenment. With all the chaos in the world, it is more important to stay focused and present than ever before. By removing any Imprints, Cutting Cords, having Soul Retrieval or Attachment removal you help release your Emotional Body of blocks and free yourself to enjoy your Spiritual path with more joy, ease and clarity.
You must be logged in to post a comment.